The Vintage View

This blog is dedicated to the dusty treasures that are found in Grandma's attic or basement. Also to the Packrats that never threw anything away and then kicked the bucket and left all these goodies for me to buy for cheap. But most of all it is dedicated to the "Indiana Jones" that lives inside all of us collectors seeking those dusty treasures out. Welcome To The Vintage View.

Name:
Location: Weimar, Texas, United States

Read about me: www.myspace.com/westvatexan

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vintage collectibles, man o man you would not believe how many boxes and tubs of them I have. Stacked to the ceiling in every room, in every corner. I sell collectibles on ebay as im sure most of us treasure seekers do. If I died tomorrow, there would be some happy treasure seekers in my town because they would have a big ole sale and get all this junk for cheap.

I have an online site for selling certain items that I dont want to put on ebay yet. Why?, Because I would never get what they are actually worth, well, YET! anyway. Sooner or later though some of these items get on a hot streak and everyone will want one and are willing to pay unbelievable amounts to get them. It just takes time and word of mouth to get around the collectible community. I spend alot of my days searching and researching items that I have in those boxes and tubs I mentioned.

Nearly everyweek I find something I have, that previously wasnt selling, that has now become a hot collectible. Here's a link to my store if you wanna check it out. Cheap Street Online At least I have real collectibles on my site. Nothing ticks me off more than when I see some link on a web site like, Bobs collectibles and I click on it and what do I see? A bunch of cheap ass crap made in Hong Kong made to look pretty. On top of that Bob wants $20 bucks for something I can get at Dollar General for a buck fifty. Do people really buy this garbage for 20 bucks? If they do, then I am in the wrong business....get Hong Kong on the phone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME